Luxury Holidays to Dalaman
Dalaman is located in the south-west region of Turkey and provides everything you need for the getaway of a lifetime. Known as the Turquoise Coast and the destination of choice for ancient Greek Gods Pegasus and Apollo, Dalaman’s shoreline is scattered with beautiful beaches, delicious restaurants and authentic Turkish shops and market stalls. Throw into the mix a range of luxurious accommodation and top-notch hospitality and you’ve got yourself a holiday to Turkey that you’re guaranteed to remember forever.
Top Five Reasons to Holiday in Dalaman
- The beaches – Dalaman is home to gorgeous sandy beaches that are ideal for sunbathing, watersports and swimming.
- The nightlife – From late evening all the way through to dawn, Marmaris is host to the biggest party in the region. The aptly named Bar Street is the place to be.
- The history – The likes of ancient ghost towns and rock tombs bear a rich history and are just waiting to be explored.
- The weather – Catching a tan definitely couldn’t be any easier during the summer months spent in Dalaman.
- The food – Authentic Turkish and Mediterranean cuisine without the frills can be found around every corner.
Things to Do in Dalaman
An underrated area of Turkey that most definitely shouldn’t be overlooked, the Dalaman region is equally as exciting as it is beautiful. The bright-blue coastline has earned the right to be aptly nicknamed the Turquoise Coast, home to exceptionally beautiful beaches that are a dream for sunbathing, swimming and watersports. The Blue Lagoon in Olu Deniz is a must-visit; a natural cove and protected national park with clear waters and stunning sands.
If you’re looking for a lively night out after the sun dips into the mountains, you can’t go wrong with the bars and clubs of Hisarönü. Cabaret is a popular pastime here so expect raucous show tunes to spill out of the doors, entertaining drag artists and plenty of drinks and laughter until the sun comes up once again.
There are plenty of daytime activities to keep you occupied in the Dalaman region. Marmaris is the place to go for some authentic Turkish retail therapy – think colourful bazaars, haggling vendors and a range of knick-knacks and souvenirs for you to take home. The Kayaköy Ghost Town is another must-visit; an ancient and now empty village in the Taurus Mountains that has been deserted since the 1920s, due to the violence and retribution between the Greeks and the Turks following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire.
- Population: 33,451
- Area: 616.8km²
- Cleopatra’s Isle is nearby, an area which legend has Cleopatra used to have secret trysts with Mark Anthony
- Olu Deniz’ Blue Lagoon has been named one of the world’s best beaches
Weather in Dalaman
A fantastic destination for any time of the year, Dalaman has a Mediterranean climate with mild winters and very hot summers. Boasting an impressive 320 days of sunshine per year, there’s certainly no need for an umbrella during the summer months where temperatures can reach a high of 31 degrees from June to September.
Dalaman Holidays 2021 / 2022
Have you been convinved yet? For a hassle-free holiday that embodies the art of escape, get in touch with Kenwood Travel's experts who will ensure that your getaway is as perfect as possible. From the best accommodation in the ideal destination and everything in between, Kenwood Travel promises nothing other than the holiday of a lifetime and your 2021/2022 escape is available to book seven days a week.