A unique blend of traditional and contemporary, Skiathos offers an authentic Grecian experience from start to finish. As part of the Sporades archipelago, panoramic views of the Aegean Sea, rich culture and beautiful beaches are the norm.
Luxury Holidays to Skiathos
Skiathos offers the best of both worlds; lovers of nightlife and an active lifestyle will love the bars and the plethora of activities while those who want to relax will find peace on the beach and the historical attractions. The ancient architecture framed by the mountainous green hills make this an ideal escape – the luxurious accommodation and the exceptional weather certainly don’t hurt either.
Top Five Reasons to Holiday in Skiathos
- The beaches – Skiathos is home to 60 sandy beaches that are suitable for any taste; lively, family-friendly and even nudist.
- The nightlife – The bustling town of Chora provides several bars and clubs that can get busy during high season.
- The history – Like many places in Greece, Skiathos is steeped in rich history that dates back to 7th century BC while offering several cultural landmarks to explore and admire.
- The food – The wide range of culinary offerings in Skiathos from French cuisine to traditional Greek fare means you’ll never go hungry or unsatisfied.
- The water – The crystal-clear Aegean Sea that surrounds Skiathos is a true diamond of the Greek islands, perfect for partaking in water sports and luxurious boat rides.
Things to Do in Skiathos
Skaithos is known as the Mykonos of the Sporades due to its plentiful nightlife and bustling atmosphere after 10pm. Evenings here begin with a decadent meal in one of the harbour-side restaurants followed by cocktails in a local bar and a visit to one of the lively nightclubs.
By day, Skiathos is picture-perfect, full of mountainous greenery and beautiful ancient buildings. The ruins of Kastro are a must-visit which can be reached by excursion boats. The Evangelistria Monastery is also a popular attraction, a haven for revolutionaries during the war for independence against the Turkish and the place that’s said to be where the first Greek flag was flown. The monastery is also where monks make and sell Greek wine, perfect for an authentic souvenir.
The beaches in Skiathos are certainly a sight for sore eyes. The sandy shoreline and the warm waters of the Aegean Sea make lounging on any of the 60 beaches the ideal pastime to soak up the Grecian sunshine.
- Population: 6,160
- Area: 49.9km²
- Skiathos was the first northern Sporade to be developed, in the mid-1960s
- Koukouanries beach is rated the seventh best beach in the world
Weather in Skiathos
In May through to August, Skiathos boasts highs of 29 degrees and even when it starts to cool down in October, visitors can still expect a warm 20 degrees. Like anywhere in Greece, the stunning landscapes make it the perfect all-year-round destination, no matter what the weather.
Skiathos Holidays 2022 / 2023
As firm believers in the art of escape, Kenwood Travel know all too well what makes the perfect holiday for each individual. Our experts know that your getaway should be as hassle-free as possible from scouting out the perfect destination to finding suitable accommodation and ensuring your travel dates fit around your schedule – not the other way around. Kenwood Travel are available seven days a week to book your 2022 Skiathos holiday with ease and efficiency.