The coastal city of Paphos in the southwest of Cyprus is flanked by golden beaches and verdant countryside. Rich in history and culture, you can discover the wonders of this beautiful destination and immerse yourself in Cyprus' past. It's the birthplace of goddess Aphrodite, so various sites associated with her story are available for tourists to visit. Take advantage of the subtropical Mediterranean climate and relax during the day before venturing out to 'entertainment street' and hitting the clubs by night.
Luxury Holidays in Paphos
Add a slice of luxury to your Mediterranean getaway and stay in one of the top hotels in Paphos. Make the most of unrivalled hospitality and comfort in a region that offers so much. Reach the height of relaxation on a holiday with Kenwood Travel and soak up the sun, and culture, of this spectacular part of the world.
Great reasons to visit Paphos
- Beaches – Paphos is known for its 50km of coastline and enjoys 27 beaches for tourists to swim, snorkel, dive and relax, 12 of which have been awarded the blue flag.
- History and Culture – UNESCO World Heritage sites, museums and archaeological sites are dotted across Paphos.
- Nature – Grab your walking boots and get ready for an adventure through nature reserves, wine routes and reptile parks.
- Cuisine – Dig into a traditional meze and sample the best of Cypriot cuisine including grilled meat, spiced kebab, fresh fish, flatbreads and tangy dips.
- Nightlife – Dance your way down the strip and sample the various bars, discos and nightclubs for a taste of Paphos nightlife.
Things to do whilst on holiday in Paphos
Explore the peaceful villages, discover Cyprus' history, visit picturesque churches and trek through nature trails and vineyards in Troodos Mountains. An exciting array of sights and spectacles awaits.
Take a trip to the Adonis Baths at Akamas. Bathing here is said to preserve the youth of women and increase the strength of men, hence Adonis and Aphrodite's fixation with the place. Magnificent charm and spectacular views makes this a must-visit during your Paphos stay.
Entertain the kids at Paphos Aquarium. Let the mystery of what lies beneath the depths unfold. Freshwater & seawater fish, crocodiles and kaleidoscopic marine life inhabit the 73 tanks here.
Taste the local culture at a traditional market in the old town. The lively markets recall Middle Eastern souks, with shops and stalls draped along the alleyways and streets in a vivid display of colour. Immerse yourself in the hustle and bustle and sample some of the culinary delights while you're there. Grab a tasty snack and a cup of coffee and watch the world go by.
Weather in Paphos
Expect a typical Mediterranean climate in Paphos. Between May and October, temperatures barely dip below 20 degrees with August being the hottest month boasting an average of 26 degrees. The winter temperatures are slightly cooler with a higher amount of rainfall.
Facts about Paphos
Total population – 47,300
Area – 400 sq kilometres
Currency - Euro
Time Zone – Eastern European (UTC+02:00)
Paphos Holidays 2021 / 2022
Quaint villages, sunkissed shores, rich culture and buzzing bars await on a holiday to Paphos. At Kenwood Travel, we have over 40 years of experience in creating the perfect luxury holiday offering you more for your money. Why not give us a call today and book early to secure your preferred dates?