The largest Island in the Riau Archipelago and 45 minutes by ferry from Singapore, Bintan has undergone a transformative regeneration in recent years and is really finding its feet as a premier holiday hotspot. Already naturally blessed with secluded coves, golden beaches and fertile fauna, it can now boast 5-star hotels, international golf courses and wildlife reserves as part of its impressive roster.
The local Kampung (villages) still stay true to time-honoured traditions of local cooking – fresh seafood, as you would expect – is done to perfection here. To these culinary wonders add the historic. Ancient temples and attractions like Kota Piring Palace bring a spiritual quality.
Luxury holidays to Bintan
A Bintan Holiday is a unique experience. While only a short ferry trip from Singapore, this lesser-known Island will feel worlds away from the big city’s hustle and bustle. Get ready for top-class hotel hospitality, tranquil beaches and a tropical climate at the heart of a culturally vibrant holiday destination.
5 Great Reasons to Holiday in Bintan
- Nearby Nikoi Island is the epitome of a secret escape with a maximum of only 50 guests
- Visit Pasar Malam Akau: Bintan’s famous ‘Night Market’
- Climb Gunung Bintan Mountain and survey your paradise from the summit
- Encounter rare species like Sun Birds and Silver Leaf Monkeys
- Ride an elephant through the jungle. (Bintan Elephant Park)
Found close to the Equator, Bintan Island enjoys a hot tropical climate year-round. Due to its ‘insular character’, there is a consistent temperature that averages at a warm 26 C.
Interesting facts about Bintan
- Lagoi Park Reservoir holds 6 million cubic metres of water
- A local delicacy is ‘Gong Gong’ – a dish of sea snails only found in the local waters.
- This place was a hotspot for gambling but has since been restored to its former glory as one of Indonesia’s places of historical importance
- Part of the vibrant, ancient market still stands on stilts in the sea.
Bintan Holidays for 2022 / 2023
Seasoned travellers, couples and families alike are all starting to take notice of this exciting yet authentic Indonesian destination. For the best bespoke, luxury, all-inclusive options book early for 2022/2023 because with Kenwood travel you can trust in 40 years of experience to help you find the ideal holiday to Bintan.